The 13th Music in Nineteenth-Century Britain conference will take place at The Open University, Milton Keynes, 28-30 June 2023. The Programme Committee invites proposals for presentations as follows:
- Individual papers up to 20 minutes and lecture recitals up to 45 minutes in length (with additional time for questions and discussion)
- Group presentations (e.g. round table or panel) up to two hours in length
- Papers and presentations may focus on any aspect relevant to music in Britain, in the long nineteenth century (approximately 1789 to 1914).
Please send proposals to the conference mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org, in the following format:
- Individual Papers: abstract up to 250 words
- Lecture recitals: abstract up to 250 words; please indicate the length of your session
- Group Presentation: overall rationale up to 300 words, individual abstracts up to 200 words; please indicate the length of your session
Please include a note of any specialist technical needs (audio visual equipment for powerpoint, sound and video recordings will be provided as standard; a piano will be available for lecture recitals). The deadline for submissions is Wednesday 1 February 2023. Notification of acceptance will be issued by 28 February, and a draft conference programme will be published by the end of March. Conference bookings will open in April 2023. The conference will be held both in person and online.
Dr Rosemary Golding (The Open University)
Dr Helen Barlow (The Open University)
Dr Martin V. Clarke (The Open University)
Prof. Rachel Cowgill (University of York)
Dr Rachel Johnson (The Open University)